That don't lose their shape in the oven and are perfect for 3D cookies
Makes approximately 10 flowerpot cookies
100 g softened butter in small cubes
75 g white caster sugar
1 pouch vanilla sugar
1 small egg
200 g flour
1 pinch of salt
Read more tips on making the perfect cookie dough
1. Preheat the oven to a 180 degrees Celcius or 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar, vanilla sugar to a creamy mixture. Add the egg and mix until completely combined. Add flour, mix well and add a pinch of salt. Mix.
3. Form the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. The colder, the better. This will decrease the chance of the cookies from losing their shape in the oven.
4. Take a small piece of the dough and knead it in your hands. Place the dough between the measuring sticks and roll it out by rolling over the measuring sticks. Place the rolled out dough onto greaseproof paper or silicon mat and press the cookie cutters firmly into the dough so that the decorative lines are visible in the cookies. For best results, refrigerate the cookies an extra 10 minutes before placing them in the oven. After cutting out the base circles, use a small knife to push the edges of the hole to make sure the hole is big enough for the flowers to fit.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before assembling them. Stack 3 base circles to make the flowerpot. Use a bit of icing to keep them together. Put in the flower cookie. Now they are ready for decorating with sprinkles or fondant.
Follow the recipe for the best results. For a better preparation, read our baking tips and your cookies won’t fail.
Cookies4fun creates and sells cookie cutters to make 3D puzzle cookies. More about us
© 2016 Cookies4fun