Voor koekjes die niet uitlopen en zeer geschikt zijn voor 3D koekjes
For approximately 10 flowerpot cookies
100 g coconut oil
75 g rice syrup
40 g maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
1 small egg
300 g spelt flour
pinch of salt
In this recipe we use spelt flour. Regular flour and spelt flour don’t differ that much. The most important difference is that spelt flour contains less carbohydrates and more minerals and fibers. Spelt flour also contains less gluten forming proteins to which some people react better and prefer.
In this recipe, we also decided to replace the refined sugars with substitutes like rice syrup and maple syrup. You can substitute with any syrup you prefer. Rice syrup and maple syrup are usually available in natural food stores or organic food stores and in some general grocery stores. Read our tips on making the perfect cookie dough for 3D cookies here.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Take a large bowl and mix the coconut oil, rice syrup, maple syrup and vanilla essence in to a creamy mixture. Add the egg and mix until completely combined. Add the spelt flour and a pinch of salt and mix well.
3. Form the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to harden the coconut oil
4. Take a small piece of the dough and knead it in your hands. Place the dough between the measuring sticks and roll it out by rolling over the measuring sticks. Place the rolled out dough onto greaseproof paper or silicon mat and press the cookie cutters firmly into the dough so that the decorative lines are visible in the cookies. For best results, refrigerate the cookies an extra 10 minutes before placing them in the oven. After cutting out the base circles, use a small knife to push the edges of the hole to make sure the hole is big enough for the flowers to fit.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before assembling them. Stack 3 base circles to make the flowerpot. Use a bit of icing to keep them together. Put in the flower cookie. Now they are ready for decorating with sprinkles or fondant.
Follow the recipe for the best results. For a better preparation, read our baking tips and your cookies won’t fail.
Cookies4fun creates and sells cookie cutters to make 3D puzzle cookies. More about us
© 2016 Cookies4fun